chgrp in Windows

lemkemch@t-online.de lemkemch@t-online.de
Wed Feb 25 01:11:00 GMT 2015

>> On Feb 24, 2015, at 4:57 PM, Warren Young <warren@etr-usa.com> wrote:
>>
>>> The result of chown I can see in Windows Explorer as the Owner but where is the group information?
>>
>> Itâs over on the Security tab of the same window youâre looking at: âGroup or user namesâ.
>
>I just remembered that that tab isnât always visible.  If youâre running a âhomeâ version of Windows, thereâs a pretty good chance you donât even see this tab.

Thanks for that.  I first thought that's it.  I am on XP Pro so this doesn't seem to apply.  I do see the security tab
if that is what you mean.   But the 'Group or user names' box only selects for which user/group I want to modify
the permissions, doesn't it?  I don't want to modify or look at permissions.

I am actually looking for the information I see in ls -l as the group, i.e. column #4.

I am trying to fix a completely hosed file system and seem to have quite a bit of trouble with that...  Something's still missing.

Thanks again for your quick reply.

Michael

Profitieren Sie von der sicheren E-Mail-Ãœbertragung Ihrer Daten mit einer kostenlosen E-Mail-Adresse der Telekom.
www.t-online.de/email-kostenlos