Very slow Cygwin startup on Windows 7

Tue Feb 24 14:16:00 GMT 2015

On Feb 23 20:33, John Ruckstuhl wrote:
> Wow I really hoped to contribute with something that seemed -- to me
> -- salient... an strace of my 5 minute bash startup under 1.7.34, due
> to 70+ SLOW lookups w/ exceptions (all 4.0-4.1 seconds).
> But for the life of me I can't get past the spamfilter.

Can you test 1.7.35-0.3 or, even better, the latest snapshot from
https://cygwin.com/snapshots/?  You don't need to send an strace, just
describe what's going on for a start.   For instance, what's your
environment look like?  4 secs per group asking your DC sounds rather
excessive, even for 1.7.34...

Corinna

Red Hat