wish: setup.exe should remember the desktop icon setting

Lester Ingber ingber@alumni.caltech.edu
Mon Feb 23 00:51:00 GMT 2015

Roland Illig <roland.illig <at> gmx.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> when I run setup.exe for the first time, it shows a checkbox somewhere
> at the end of the wizard, allowing me to create a Cygwin icon on the
> desktop.
>
> I don’t want this icon, so I uncheck that box. But when I later run
> setup.exe again, the checkbox is checked again, and I have to manually
> uncheck it again.
>
> setup.exe should remember the last setting of the checkbox.
>
> Roland

Check the options:
/cygdrive/c/cygwin/setup-x86.exe --help
Make shortcut, e.g. via File Explore, to setup-x86.exe
R-CLK on the shortcut and click on Properties
In the Shortcut tab, in the Target slot, add --no-desktop , e.g.,
C:\cygwin\setup-x86.exe --no-desktop
Can do the same for /cygdrive/c/cygwin64/setup-x86_64.exe

Lester