cygwin64: Issue with sigaddset

Richard Elberger rich@richelberger.com
Sun Feb 22 13:20:00 GMT 2015

Hello,

I found this while trying to compile perl 5.20.1 on latest cygwin64 (just updated yesterday).

Effectively, sigaddset is adding a signal along these lines.  If signal x is less than 32, then two signals are added: x and x+32.  If signal x is greater than 32, then again two signals are added, x and x-32.

It’s been far too many years since I’ve written C but the attached code snippet to prove it (hopefully it proves it) … and running the same “code” (I put that in quotes because it’s like preschool C) on any Linux works as expected - just adding the one signal.

This is causing the sigset.t test for the POSIX module in perl core to fail.  There are a ton of other failures in testing 5.20.1 core but hopefully they’re not all cygwin related like this one.

thanks

— rich