ssh-host-config script sends /etc/passwd thru awk

Tue Feb 17 23:47:00 GMT 2015

On Feb 17 15:51, Warren Young wrote:
> It seems that the ssh-host-config script isn’t using Corinna’s new
> getent package yet.  It only works on 1.7.34+ if you haven’t moved
> /etc/passwd out of the way yet.
>
> Just a heads-up to whoever is maintaining this.  It’s starting to bite people:
>
>   http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/184962/

Given the content, s/ssh-host-config/ssh-user-config/

Both scripts are using geten or mkpasswd/mkgroup.  They never look
into /etc/passwd or /etc/group and don't write entries into the
file.  ATM I don't see where the entry in /etc/passwd is coming from.

Corinna

Red Hat