Very slow Cygwin startup on Windows 7

Tue Feb 17 21:33:00 GMT 2015

On Feb 17 11:57, Warren Young wrote:
> > On Feb 15, 2015, at 2:37 AM, Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Feb 13 15:38, Warren Young wrote:
> >>
> >> I folded Andrey’s changes in and made more of my own.
> >
> > Thanks.  Did you run make?
>
> I tried, but I’ve retired the last Windows machine I used to build
> winsup previously, and I didn’t want to rebuild the Cygwin build
> environment on the VM that replaced it just to test the patch.

You can build the entire Cygwin tree on Linux.  Yaakov provides
a cygwin cross toolchain for Fedora, and the mingw-w64 toolchain
is part of the Fedora packages anyway.

> Anyway, I’ve fixed it now.  All it was is some unclosed tags.

Thank you.  Please apply.  If something has to be changed later
on due to changes in 1.7.35 we can revisit it.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat