[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 1.7.35-0.1

Buchbinder, Barry (NIH/NIAID) [E] BBuchbinder@niaid.nih.gov
Sat Feb 14 18:07:00 GMT 2015

Denis Excoffier wrote on Friday, February 13, 2015 4:31 PM
> You misunderstand.  I don't need this stupid
> 'Document and Settings' thing.

"C:\Documents and Settings" appears to be something Windows handles.

On Windows 7 Professional (ver 6.1, SP 1):

Open cmd.exe.

"dir" does not show "C:\Documents and Settings".

"dir /a:" shows the following.

07/14/2009  12:08 AM    <JUNCTION>     Documents and Settings [C:\Users]

So it looks like "C:\Documents and Settings" = "C:\Users".

On my current machine, in Windows Explorer, I cannot look inside
"C:\Documents and Settings".  In cmd I can cd into it but neither "dir"
nor "dir /a:" show any file.  However Explorer will let me see inside
"C:\Documents and Settings\myusername".  In cmd I can cd from
"C:\Documents and Settings" into "C:\Documents and Settings\myusername".

I'll stop here since I don't know much about junctions.  But I hope that
the above helps.

Good Luck,

- Barry