Emacs and last libpng release

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Tue Feb 10 17:44:00 GMT 2015

On 2/10/2015 11:55 AM, Angelo Graziosi wrote:
> Ken Brown wrote:
>> I think the better way is for all libraries that rely on libpng15 to rebuild
>> for libpng16.
>
> Does this mean that there is some library which, after being rebuilt, will allow
> Emacs to be build OB, linking to libpng16, without the need to install libpng15?

I think that's right.  It looks to me like ImageMagick and fontconfig are both
adding -lpng15 to the link command line.  I'm puzzled about fontconfig because
it was just rebuilt.

$ pkg-config --libs fontconfig
-lfontconfig -lexpat -lfreetype -lbz2 -lz -lpng15 -lm -lz -lexpat -lfreetype
-lbz2 -lz -lpng16 -lm -lz

Yaakov, can you explain this?

Ken