Windows/Posix path conversion fails on extra mount points

Thomas Wolff towo@towo.net
Mon Feb 9 20:47:00 GMT 2015

Am 09.02.2015 um 10:18 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> On Feb  9 00:04, Thomas Wolff wrote:
>> cygwin_create_path (CCP_WIN_A_TO_POSIX, "C:/cygwin/lib") -> "/usr/lib"
>> This is the correct directory, however, only by means of the extra mount
>> point
>> of /usr/lib; I think the result should rather be the likewise correct
>> but more intuitive "/lib".
>> There is software that’s getting confused by this mix-up.
> If so, it's a bug in the software.  /usr/lib is a prefectly valid path.
I don't know the details of that software and don't have the sources.
But it needs to access the directory with the Windows API and somehow
derives the Windows path back from /usr/lib which then doesn't work
because /usr/lib doesn't exist for Windows while /lib does.
For this reason, I would suggest and appreciate if cygwin_conv_path
disregards the mount point for its mapping in order to provide a more
consistent match which also works with a "manual round-trip".
------
Thomas