Updated: setup.exe (Release 2.864)

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Fri Feb 6 07:28:00 GMT 2015

Marco Atzeri writes:
> strange as 4.9.2-2 is current for both architecture
>
> $ cygcheck -cd|grep gcc
> gcc-core                                4.9.2-2
> gcc-fortran                             4.9.2-2
> gcc-g++                                 4.9.2-2
>
> It could be a side effect of a messy setup.ini I think we had yesterday,
> or of a stale mirror. Please try again

I would rather suspect that this is a result of JonY having declared the
4.9.2-1 release as "test" in order to preserve 4.8.3-2 as "prev".  Since
setup still doesn't know whether you've had a test version installed or
not (it just looks at the version numbers and the designators in
setup.ini) it seems to have decided that the user had a test version
installed and tries to keep him at that version.

Looks like we really need to move installed.db to a version 3 format
that records the provenance of the installed packages.  The pending
switch to the SHA512 checksums would be a good occasion for doing that
switch as well.

Regards,
Achim.