Updated: setup.exe (Release 2.867)

Luke Kendall luke.kendall@cisra.canon.com.au
Fri Feb 6 02:05:00 GMT 2015

On 06/02/15 05:07, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> A new version of Setup, release 2.867, has been uploaded to
>
>    https://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe     (32 bit version)
>    https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe  (64 bit version)
>
> The changes compared to 2.864 are mostly not visible:
>
> - There's one fix to the output when mistyping a command line option.
>
> - More importantly, Setup now understands SHA512 checksums additionally
>    to MD5 checksums.  We're going to switch to using SHA512 checksums in
>    the setup.ini files in a couple of weeks and this requires all of you
>    to use the newer Setup version.
>

> Please send bug reports, as usual, to the public mailing list
> cygwin AT cygwin DOT com.
>

> Have fun,
> Corinna

I was just wondering, will you be dropping the md5.sum files from the
package directories at the same time?  I'd be happy to see them
disappear from the mirrors - they're an internal thing, right?  Just
this week I noticed that cygwin64-gcc-4.8.3-4-src.tar.xz's md5 checksum
in its md5.sum file was incorrect (but its md5 in setup.ini was of
course correct).

Though I'm probably the only person on the planet who cares. :-)  It's
just an idle question.

Regards,

luke