setfacl(2.4.0.15): for next year !!!!! continued

Houder houder@xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 22 12:16:00 GMT 2015

On 2015-12-22 12:37, Houder wrote:
> On 2015-12-21 18:25, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> On Dec 21 17:30, Houder wrote:
>>> Hi Corinna,
>>>
>>> For next year !!!!! (posted as a reminder) ... See below.
>>
>> Next year?  Nope... see below.
>>

> Hi Corinna,
>
> Thank you for all the hard work you do ...
>
> As an encore (for this year though ;-). See below (Cygwin-2.4.0-0.16).
> <==== 16
[snip]
> 64-%% setfacl -m m:rwx bar.txt
> 64-%% getfacl bar.txt
> # file: bar.txt
> # owner: Henri
> # group: None
> user::rw-
> group::r--
> mask:rwx <==== yes, as requested by me, but ...
> other:r--
>
> 64-%% ls -l bar.txt
> -rw-rwxr-- 1 Henri None 0 Dec 22 12:21 bar.txt
>
>  - does this output make sense?
>    (no access to Linux at the moment; cannot verify)

 From acl(5):

CORRESPONDENCE BETWEEN ACL ENTRIES AND FILE PERMISSION BITS

      The permissions defined by ACLs are a superset of the permissions
      specified by the file permission bits.

      There is a correspondence between the file owner, group, and other
      permissions and specific ACL entries: the owner permissions
correspond
      to the permissions of the ACL_USER_OBJ entry. If the ACL has an
<==== yes, but ...
      ACL_MASK entry, the group permissions correspond to the permissions
of
      the ACL_MASK entry.

 From setfacl(1);

OPTIONS

-n, --no-mask
            Do not recalculate the effective rights mask. The default
            behavior of setfacl is to recalculate the ACL mask entry,
unless
            a mask entry was explicitly given.  The mask entry is set to
the <==== Oh, ah!
            union of all permissions of the owning group, and all named
user
            and group entries. (These are exactly the entries affected by
the
            mask entry).

setfacl.c:

int
recompute_mask (aclent_t *tgt, int tcnt, int got_mask, int got_def_mask)
{
  /* Recompute mask, if requested
      - If we got a mask in the input string, recompute only if --mask
has been
        specified.
Your call, Corinna ... but reading setfacl(1)

Regards,

Henri

=====