[ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.4.0-0.11

Thu Dec 17 20:17:00 GMT 2015

On Dec 17 13:47, Ken Brown wrote:
> Hi Corinna,

> >Hi Ken,

> >>These changes are leading to lots of errors when building emacs:
> >>
> >>/usr/include/cygwin/signal.h:178:3: error: unknown type name ‘pthread_attr_t’
> >>
> >>/usr/include/cygwin/signal.h:213:3: error: unknown type name ‘pid_t’
> >>
> >>/usr/include/cygwin/signal.h:230:2: error: unknown type name ‘timer_t’
> >>
> >>/usr/include/sys/signal.h:211:6: error: #error You need the winsup sources or a cygwin installation to compile the cygwin version of newlib.
> >>
> >>/usr/include/sys/signal.h:214:5: error: unknown type name ‘pthread_t’
> >>
> >>/usr/include/sys/time.h:104:34: error: unknown type name ‘u_int’
> >>
> >>[... and many more]
> >
> >This puzzles me.  It looks like you're missing sys/types.h when
> >including sys/signal,h, but sys/signal.h includes sys/types.h by
> >itself, prior to including cygwin/signal.h.
> >
> >How can I reproduce this?  An STC like this:
> >
> >   #include <signal.h>
> >   main () {}
> >
> >is definitely not sufficient.
>
> Sorry, I hadn't looked at what was happening closely enough before sending
> my mail.  The errors occur while compiling some Gnulib modules in the emacs
> source tree.  It may take me a while to sort this out. Maybe Gnulib will
> have to be patched to take Cygwin's new header layout into account.

I'm still puzzled.  The changes, especially to sys/signal.h and
cygwin/signal.h are rather minor.  The really big thing is to move the
macros related to select(2) from sys/types.h, where they never really
belonged to, into sys/select.h, rather than including sys/types.h from
sys/select.h.  Especially the changes to sys/signal.h and cygwin/signal.h
don't really add up to the error messages you encounter.  I inspected
the files today and I really don't see how this could happen :(

Corinna

Red Hat