Jemalloc under CYGWIN

Sun Dec 6 14:08:00 GMT 2015

On Dec  5 22:32, Yucong Sun wrote:
> I'm sorry, I got distracted from this issue and hadn't make any progress.

No worries.

> One thing specifically I need to be able to work on this issue is some
> information describing how to build/test cygwin lib (rather than using
> it). I couldn't find any information on the website, (or I havn't look
> deeply enough).

It's not complicated, really.

1. Install gcc and mingw-gcc.

2. Prepare build dir:

    $ mkdir cygwin
    $ cd cygwin
    $ git clone git://sourceware.org/git/newlib-cygwin.git
    [...]
    $ mkdir build
    $ cd build

3. Build:

    $ export PREFIX=/usr
    $ ../newlib-cygwin/configure \
      --prefix=${PREFIX} \
      --exec-prefix=${PREFIX} \
      --bindir=${PREFIX}/bin \
      --sbindir=${PREFIX}/sbin \
      --libexecdir=${PREFIX}/lib \
      --datadir=${PREFIX}/share \
      --localstatedir=/var \
      --sysconfdir=/etc \
      --infodir=${PREFIX}/share/info \
      --mandir=${PREFIX}/share/man \
      --docdir=${PREFIX}/share/doc/cygwin \
      --htmldir=${PREFIX}/share/doc/cygwin/html
  $ make
  # Or for debugging:
  $ make CFLAGS='-gdwarf-2' CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET='-gdwarf-2'

  Add -j<NUM> as desired.

HTH,
Corinna

Red Hat