fork issue when lauching cygwin64 process from 32bit native app on Windows 10 TH2

Tue Dec 1 14:01:00 GMT 2015

On Dec  1 21:07, nu774 wrote:
> >There must be a bug in the new CMD somewhere.  But, anyway, I'll look
> >into it when I finally managed to update my W10 test machine.
>
> No, cmd.exe is just an example. Any 32bit process can be an trigger.
> I guess something has changed in TH2 kernel regarding process memory
> management or something that interferes cygwin's fork().

If that only happens w/ 64 bit Cygwin started from a 32 bit parent, then
there's some foul-up in the WOW64 layer in terms of starting 64 bit
processes, perhaps.  Sigh, it's a rather unexpected change after it
worked fine for so long :(

Corinna

Red Hat