[ANNOUNCEMENT] Early Deprecation Notice: Windows XP and Server 2003 support

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Sun Aug 30 02:52:00 GMT 2015

Greetings, Bryan Berns!

> On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 8:23 AM, Andrey Repin <anrdaemon@yandex.ru> wrote:
>> Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

>>> http://classicshell.net
>>
>> That doesn't solve the hotkeys bound at driver levels, unfortunately.
>> Half of my keyboard dead now thanks to the move to Win7.
>>
>> Anyway, on the topic: All I could ask is to give us a notice when the final
>> build for XP is available, so that we could prepare own mirrors.

> If you're passionate about it and you have any programming experience,
> keyboard filter drivers are quite easy to write.

You don't even need to write anything - standard driver allows key remapping
through registry, if that's what you have in mind.
The driver is not a problem, though, it is OS that register hotkeys in the
kernel.

> Only annoying thing
> is you need a signing certificate that is authorized for kernel code
> signing -- which is only available to companies and some slightly more
> expensive issuing authorities for individuals.

Now, that is not an issue. :) At all.

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin