Clean up /tmp on system reboot [was: Xorg server always starting up on DISPLAY 3.0]

Mark Hansen meh@winfirst.com
Thu Apr 9 22:22:00 GMT 2015

On 4/9/2015 1:28 PM, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> On 4/9/2015 5:51 AM, cyg Simple wrote:
>>  From: Jim Reisert AD1C
>>>
>>>  Wouldn't it be nice if Cygwin cleaned up the /tmp directory each time the
>>>  computer is re-booted?  I don't know how that would work in real life,
>>  however.
>>>

>>  Simply create a scheduled task to execute a windows batch file on system
>>  start that changes directory to the Cygwin /bin directory and executes sh -c
>>  'rm -f /tmp/*'.
>>
>>  --
>>  cyg Simple
>>

> Or use cron...

How can cron help? You don't want to delete these files while some process may be
using them (note: I didn't say while the process has the file open - it may not be
open to be valuable). You really need this clean-up done when the machine boots up
because you know at that point, all the processes that were using those files are
gone.