File Permissions - Yet Another Question / Clarification

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Thu Apr 2 18:41:00 GMT 2015

Bryan Berns writes:
> In the real world in large corporations with focus on security,
> "Administrators" is typically a tiered or least privilege arrangement.

He's talking about "Administrators" the SID (group).

In any case, I'd start with a throwaway share (or save the permissions
with subinacl if I had to use a live one).  Then remove the inherited /
default DACL from a subdirectory:

mkdir sub
setfacl -k sub
setfacl -b sub

Then check how this behaves w.r.t. POSIX permissions and file ownership.
Populate this directory with files and check those, too.  The ~/.ssh
directory and their content shouldn't have any DACL on them in any case
if you c want to be sure it works the way sshd is wanting it to.

Regards,
Achim.