latest cygwin: 'run' problem

Gerry Reno greno@verizon.net
Tue Sep 2 13:03:00 GMT 2014

I just updated to the latest cygwin via setup and now my run commands are failing.

I have a script that issues this command:

    run $WINDIR/system32/mstsc.exe  /multimon /v:$IP:3389

And before this script has always succeeded but now it errors as follows:

    Invalid connection file (/v:192.168.1.27:3389) specified

In a terminal window I can run the command directly and it succeeds:

    $WINDIR/system32/mstsc.exe  /multimon /v:$IP:3389

But 'run' no longer successfully runs the command.

Can someone verify this?