Why does mkpasswd -c use a different offset? Corinna?

Houder houder@xs4all.nl
Tue Oct 28 08:38:00 GMT 2014

> On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 7:11 PM, Houder  wrote:
>> Hi Corinna,
>>
>> I am confused ... the output from mkpasswd -c is NOT the same as the output from mkpasswd -l -u <current user> on
>> both my "Cygwin-32" and my "Cygwin-64".

Hi Mr.? "Simple",

> Are you logged into a domain?

No, I am not. That is, Seven (my machine at home) does it all by itself ("stand-alone").

> -c would give you the domain user in that case
> -l would give you the local user

... meaning? mkpasswd -c (and mkgroup -c) should not yield any output in my case?

I reread the description of both commands in the User Guide ... it did not help to remove my confusion.

=====