run.exe flashes non-hidden console window in cygwin64 on Win7Pro-64

Doug Henderson djndnbvg@gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 00:20:00 GMT 2014

On 22 October 2014 14:34, John Wiersba  wrote:
> Andrey, the flashing console flashes very quickly and I don't know how to slow it down.
> It appears to have no title and no contents.

run appears to work correctly when you use it at a cygwin shell prompt.

run.exe is a cygwin executable; use ldd see the DLLs that it uses.

Since your shortcut is not starting a windows GUI program, it starts a
console window, possibly executing cmd.exe

It is this console windows where cmd.exe executes run.exe that you see
flashing on the screen.

Have you tried changing the shortcut to cause it to open the window
minimized? I vaguely remember doing something like that with the
cygwin.bat clone I used to start a (non-X windows) rxvt window.

Doug

--
Doug Henderson, Calgary, Alberta, Canada