fish PATH problem

Dave Kilroy kilroyd@googlemail.com
Thu Oct 9 10:11:00 GMT 2014

On 08/10/2014 18:36, Alive4Ever wrote:
> On Wednesday, October 08, 2014 11:08:43 AM you wrote:
>> Does that work. It seemed to have the same issue as noted in the
>> following thread https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-04/msg00111.html
>>
>> Dave.
> It should work, although I don't recommend running cygwin apps directly
> via wincmd, unless the underlying shell is invoked as interactive login
> shell.
So I just re-tested starting a fish login shell after updating cygwin64.
As I suspected, fish has not been updated since the thread I quoted (Apr
2014), and the issue remains (with my install). Google doesn't show the
maintainer on list since the announcement (Oct 2013), and his e-mail
bounces. Cc'ing anyway, just in case.
> You can find the example of how to invoke cygwin correctly by looking at
> Cygwin.bat file on cygwin root directory.
I'm aware of how to invoke login shells and start cygwin, thanks.

Andrew: appreciated if you can confirm whether simply invoking as a
login shell works for you.

Regards,

Dave.