Instability with signals and threads

Fri Nov 28 22:35:00 GMT 2014

On Nov 21 15:43, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> I'm going to take a step back for now, and reevaluate what happens
> before trying to apply even more hacks.  Ultimately the problem is that
> the cygtls area is accessed from other threads (mainly the signal
> thread) without locking, and worse, that the lock for the cygtls area is
> a member of _cygtls itself.  The latter needs certainly a patch, and I'm
> contemplating to extend cygheap::threadlist to become a per-thread
> structure containing the _cygtls pointer, the thread ID, the main thread
> HANDLE, and the tls muto.  This should allow to serialize access to the
> cygtls area in a way which avoids the aforementioned problems without
> a complete redesign.

I applied a patch which is supposed to fix this problem.  Your STC
works for me and everything else I tried, including X and Emacs in X11
GUI mode still work.

Please try the latest snapshot from https://cygwin.com/snapshots/

I'm not expecting that my first cut works OOTB, so I'd be glad for
more testing.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat