Cygwin AD schema and configuration extensions (was Re: RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory)

Habermann, David (D) DAHabermann@dow.com
Wed Nov 26 21:58:00 GMT 2014

> In the long run I'm also planning to allow replacing /etc/fstab and
> /etc/nsswitch.conf with a Cygwin-specific AD configuration extension.

While I can see how this might be attractive for some, I see it as something that must be an optional replacement of the /etc/fstab and /etc/nsswitch.conf files, as in my case the AD is totally outside of my control and these additions will never be implemented.

Dave