Instability with signals and threads

Yaakov Selkowitz yselkowitz@cygwin.com
Fri Nov 21 20:36:00 GMT 2014

On 2014-11-21 10:06, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>> Java?!?
>>
>> FOP is a Java application....grrr...
>
> Oh, right.
>
>> It will be nice to not use it for building cygwin docs.
>
> The html docs are not built with fop, only the pdf.  And even then,
> make from the parent dir continues to build everything else, even
> if make in the doc dir fails:
>
>    $(SUBDIRS):
> 	@${MAKE} -C $@ all || ([ "$@" == doc ] && echo "*** error ignored")
>
> If you have another way to create pdf files from xml input, which works
> on Cygwin and Linux, please feel free to provide one.

https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2013-07/msg00008.html

Which resulted in:

https://sourceware.org/viewvc/src/winsup/doc/Makefile.in?r1=1.33&r2=1.34

Has this bug been fixed yet in TeX Live?  I had no problems building the
PDFs after reverting this commit.  I'll have to try on Fedora 20 and 21,
unless someone else can get to it first.

Yaakov