RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Tue Nov 11 15:20:00 GMT 2014

Greetings, Frank Fesevur!

>> I see literally zero reason to maintain separate, cygwin-specific "home"
>> directory.

> I think I have to disagree with you. When mixing MSYS, msysGit and
> Cygwin in the same home directory the dot-files can become a problem.
> Especially when it comes to line ending in those files and the line
> ending setting in .gitconfig.

I think, the number of people mixing these things is lower than number of
people using Cygwin with roaming profiles.
And they know what they are doing, by definition.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...