RFC: 1.7.33 problem with user's home directory

Tue Nov 11 01:39:00 GMT 2014

> Hi,
>

> after a long discussion in RL today, I came to the conclusion that
> there's a major problem in the current handling of the user's home
> directory in AD environments in the new user account code when not using
> /etc/passwd files.

My personal preference would be for the Cygwin Home directory to be
created under

  %HOMEPATH%\AppData\Roaming\Cygwin

That way the home directory is isolated from native windows applications
that might use the same file names but with different line endings
directly in %HOMEPATH%.

And, the data is within the user profile so that when accessed via
redirection or otherwise, the data is accessible on every machine the
user logs into.

Jeffrey Altman