migrate a cygwin installation

Andrey Repin anrdaemon@yandex.ru
Sat Nov 1 10:35:00 GMT 2014

Greetings, Hans Horn!

> What is the current recommended way to migrate a cygwin installation?
> my c: drive has gotten full to the brim.
> Tried to follow some older instructions online (~2009) but they do not
> seem to work anymore.

Normally, I just replace C: with a bigger drive. Thankfully, diskpart allow
for partition and filesystem growing nowadays.
If that is not an option, then just shutdown everything cygwin related, move
whole directory away and make a junction back from new place.
Or, the long way, edit the mount points. But a directory junction is faster.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...