Setting up Apache2 with mod_perl and Apache2::AuthCookieLDAP

Warren Young warren@etr-usa.com
Tue May 6 21:51:00 GMT 2014

Plack::Middleware::Auth::Basic supports LDAP auth: http://goo.gl/O7RHgp

> Personally I prefer Cygwin Apache because all of the pathing then can be
> POSIX-like and can easily port to Linux systems later on. Plus Cygwin's
> Perl is, IMHO, far superior to ActiveState.

The two issues are actually separate.  There's nothing making you use
ActiveState Perl to run a PSGI app front-ended by native Windows Apache.
  PSGI apps behind a reverse proxy simply present an HTTP interface to
the proxy.  As far as the proxy server knows, the app providing that
interface could be built in F#.

(Why F#?  Another new favorite tool, and about as different from Perl as
you can get. :) )

> However I had set up Apache2 as a Windows service before so I know it's
> doable. I just forget how to do it! ;-) I thought it was just to specify
> -k or perhaps -DNO_DETACH or something like that...

Did you try -F?

	http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.os.cygwin/60331