problem with mkdir //fileserver when opening cygwin terminal

Fri Mar 21 23:08:00 GMT 2014

On 3/21/2014 5:06 PM, Leo Lagos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been having this problem after a while. It seems it appeared
> after I removed the 32bits versions, and installed the 64bits one.
>
> Every time I open a terminal, I got this message:
>
> mkdir: cannot create directory `//fileserver': Read-only file system
> //fileserver/public/llagos could not be created.
> Setting HOME to /tmp.
>
> llagos@T420-LLAGOS ~
> $
>
> I have done some updates after that, latest today, but the problem
> remains, so I think it's a bug in the sw, but something else, maybe
> some garbage left from the 32bits version I used before.
>
> If not that, I don't know what could it be.
>
> Has anyone got any clue on this message and possible solution?
>
> cygwin version is:
> $ uname -a
> CYGWIN_NT-6.1 T420-LLAGOS 1.7.28(0.271/5/3) 2014-02-09 21:06 x86_64 Cygwin
>
> llagos@T420-LLAGOS ~
> $

The best thing to do is file a complete problem report.  You can find
details on how to do that at the link below.

As a wild guess, I'm going to assume you have HOME set in your windows
environment to this network directory.  Remove that and I expect you'll
get by this problem.

--
Larry