Does shared memory support work on cyg64?

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 21:10:00 GMT 2014

On 21/03/2014 21:28, Linda Walsh wrote:
> Marco Atzeri wrote:

>> $ cygrunsrv -LV

command given in 64 bit space

>> Service             : cygserver           (Installation path: E:\cygwin)

reporting that the 32 bit one is installed in another path/root
than "cygrunsrv"

>> Display name        : CYGWIN cygserver
>> Current State       : Stopped
>> Command             : /usr/sbin/cygserver
>> stdin path          : /dev/null
>> stdout path         : /var/log/cygserver.log
>> stderr path         : /var/log/cygserver.log
>> Process Type        : Own Process
>> Startup             : Manual
>> Account             : LocalSystem
>>
>> Service             : cygserver64

No installation path, so same path/root of "cygrunsrv" command

>> Display name        : CYGWIN cygserver64
>> Current State       : Running
>> Controls Accepted   : Stop
>> Command             : /usr/sbin/cygserver
>> stdin path          : /dev/null
>> stdout path         : /var/log/cygserver64.log
>> stderr path         : /var/log/cygserver64.log
>> Process Type        : Own Process
>> Startup             : Manual
>> Account             : LocalSystem
> ------
> Now you have me curious -- how do you have the 1 cygrunsrv command
> listing both a 32-bit version and a 64-bit version?
>
> Wouldn't the cygrunsrv just list the the services in the same
> bit-class?
>
> So... just from the above -- it looks like your 32bit and 64-bit
> are running the same binary -- i.e. from the view of
> cygrunsrv....am I missing something?

the base path/root for the two installations is different