gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mcygwin’

- - stadtpirat11@ymail.com
Thu Mar 20 16:02:00 GMT 2014

I use PyCharm for Python programming and installing packages. PyCharm uses the pip command to install any package. I recently needed to install a package that needs to be build. I learned that I needed to install cygwin in that case.

Here is the deal:
I try to install a package that needs to be build
and end up with this error message (64 and 32 bit)
---
D:\Programme\cygwin64\bin\gcc.exe -mcygwin -mdll -O -Wall -IC:\Users\...
    gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mcygwin’

---
D:\Programme\cygwin\bin\gcc.exe -mcygwin -mdll -O -Wall -IC:\Users\...
    gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-mcygwin’

Please help, Google returns nothing regarding that error! I feel like I am the only person in the world with that error :(