Silently configure sshd fails via system account

Wed Mar 19 22:59:00 GMT 2014

On Mar 19 12:35, PolarStorm wrote:
> Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote
> > I attached a new incarnation of the ssh-host-config script to this
> > mail.
> > - The "UsePrivilegeSeparation" setting in /etc/sshd_config now takes into
> >   account that the default setting is "sandbox", which doesn't make
> >   sense on Cygwin.
> > I also tweaked the script slightly to support the new passwd/group code
> > I'm working on, but that's not yet finished.
>
> Great! Did you also have a chance to look at the "sshd" user's pas-wor-d
> expiration that isn't set properly in the
> cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh
> script? (~ line 2932).

No, csih isn't my package.  I just looked into ssh-host-config.
But /usr/share/csih/cygwin-service-installation-helper.sh is just
a shell script so you can take a look yourself.

> BTW. How come and why does this account/user even have a pas-wor-d?
> (And what is it? I certainly didn't set it...)

No idea.  The account gets created as inactive account anyway so the
password shouldn't matter.

Corinna

Red Hat