Public key authorization problem with latest snapshot

Wed Mar 19 22:20:00 GMT 2014

On Mar 19 18:05, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Mar 19 12:46, Ken Brown wrote:

> > >I just checked in a change.  Please give it a try.  If this doesn't work
> > >either, I don't know how to proceed.
> >
> > This fixes the public key authorization problem, but the timeout
> > during the starting of gtk applications is back.  The
> > "window-default" program from the other thread is still a test case
> > for that problem.
>
> Ok, I give up.  I have no idea anymore how to change that.

I have a big problem here.  I reverted the entire exception handling to
1.7.28 state, and the "window-default" application still hangs for me
and generates the

  WARNING **: Error retrieving accessibility bus address:
  org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply [etc]

message before the window opens.  Then I rebuild the same code, without
any changes, just with -g -O2 instead of just -g, and the window-default
application didn't hang.  If I build everything with -g and only the
files which include exception.h with -O2, I would have expected that it
works, but not so.  It still hangs.

I tried every variation of execption handler installation and the kitchen
sink, but whatever change I try, the only variation which works for
window-default is the 1.7.28 version compiled with -O2.  Which is not
good given that the exception handler is called twice.  Every change to
make sure the vectored continue handler is only called in the debugger
result in window-default hanging again.

I just can't find a stable state which does not fail one way or the other :(

We need to know what happens there, but the various dbus-FOO processes
started at once are a bit overwhelming.

Corinna

Red Hat