[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: OpenSSH-6.6p1-1
Tue Mar 18 19:32:00 GMT 2014
I've just updated the Cygwin version of OpenSSH to 6.6p1-1.
Here's the official release message:
OpenSSH 6.6 has just been released. It will be available from the
mirrors listed at http://www.openssh.com/ shortly.
OpenSSH is a 100% complete SSH protocol version 1.3, 1.5 and 2.0
implementation and includes sftp client and server support.
Once again, we would like to thank the OpenSSH community for their
continued support of the project, especially those who contributed
code or patches, reported bugs, tested snapshots or donated to the
project. More information on donations may be found at:
Changes since OpenSSH 6.6
This is primarily a bugfix release.
* sshd(8): when using environment passing with a sshd_config(5)
AcceptEnv pattern with a wildcard. OpenSSH prior to 6.6 could be
tricked into accepting any enviornment variable that contains the
characters before the wildcard character.
New / changed features:
* ssh(1), sshd(8): this release removes the J-PAKE authentication code.
This code was experimental, never enabled and had been unmaintained
for some time.
* ssh(1): when processing Match blocks, skip 'exec' clauses other clauses
predicates failed to match.
* ssh(1): if hostname canonicalisation is enabled and results in the
destination hostname being changed, then re-parse ssh_config(5) files
using the new destination hostname. This gives 'Host' and 'Match'
directives that use the expanded hostname a chance to be applied.
* ssh(1): avoid spurious "getsockname failed: Bad file descriptor" in
ssh -W. bz#2200, debian#738692
* sshd(8): allow the shutdown(2) syscall in seccomp-bpf and systrace
sandbox modes, as it is reachable if the connection is terminated
during the pre-auth phase.
* ssh(1), sshd(8): fix unsigned overflow that in SSH protocol 1 bignum
parsing. Minimum key length checks render this bug unexploitable to
compromise SSH 1 sessions.
* sshd_config(5): clarify behaviour of a keyword that appears in
multiple matching Match blocks. bz#2184
* ssh(1): avoid unnecessary hostname lookups when canonicalisation is
* sshd(8): avoid sandbox violation crashes in GSSAPI code by caching
the supported list of GSSAPI mechanism OIDs before entering the
* ssh(1): fix possible crashes in SOCKS4 parsing caused by assumption
that the SOCKS username is nul-terminated.
* ssh(1): fix regression for UsePrivilegedPort=yes when BindAddress is
* ssh(1), sshd(8): fix memory leak in ECDSA signature verification.
* ssh(1): fix matching of 'Host' directives in ssh_config(5) files
to be case-insensitive again (regression in 6.5).
* sshd(8): don't fatal if the FreeBSD Capsicum is offered by the
system headers and libc but is not supported by the kernel.
* Fix build using the HP-UX compiler.
- SHA1 (openssh-6.6.tar.gz) = bf932d798324ff2502409d3714d0ad8d65c7e1e7
- SHA256 (openssh-6.6.tar.gz) = jaSJE5aiQRm+91dV6EvVGr/ozo33tbxyjjFSiu+Cy80=
- SHA1 (openssh-6.6p1.tar.gz) = b850fd1af704942d9b3c2eff7ef6b3a59b6a6b6e
- SHA256 (openssh-6.6p1.tar.gz) = SMHwZktFNIdQOABMxPNVW4MpwqgcHfSNtcUXgA3iA7s=
Please note that the PGP key used to sign releases was recently rotated.
The new key has been signed by the old key to provide continuity. It is
available from the mirror sites as RELEASE_KEY.asc.
- Please read http://www.openssh.com/report.html
Security bugs should be reported directly to email@example.com
OpenSSH is brought to you by Markus Friedl, Niels Provos, Theo de Raadt,
Kevin Steves, Damien Miller, Darren Tucker, Jason McIntyre, Tim Rice and
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin