With latest snapshot, emacs is very slow to start under X11

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Mar 14 16:34:00 GMT 2014

With the snapshot of 2014-03-10, start the X server and then run
"emacs-X11 -Q&" in an xterm window.  On my system, emacs consistently
takes about 28 seconds to start.  With cygwin-1.7.28, however, it takes
about 1 second.  This is on Windows 7; so far I've tested 64-bit Cygwin
only.

I'll try to find the first snapshot that exhibits the problem, and I'll
also test on 32-bit Cygwin.  But I wanted to make this preliminary
report quickly, in case the release of 1.7.29 is imminent.

Ken