Cygwin needs a man-db port

Chris J. Breisch chris.ml@breisch.org
Fri Mar 14 15:52:00 GMT 2014

Erwin Waterlander wrote:
> Op 14-3-2014 13:58 Chris J. Breisch schreef:
>>

>> There's also a check 0.9.12 from January of this year.
>>
>> It appears to me that we should upgrade check to at least 0.9.11, as
>> I'm unconvinced that the current version is working.
>>

> It was in October when I tried. I also could get libpipelines and man-db
> compiled, but it did not work properly. I had also failing tests in the
> libpipeline package. In the end I could display a man page in Russian
> and English of Vim, but man-db coredumped on the Fench man page.
>
> I remember there were indeed problems with 'check'. At that time this
> bug, http://sourceforge.net/p/check/bugs/88/, was still open. The author
> of man-db suggested to set CK_FORK=no in the environment. That helped
> for several tests, but the first test of libpipelines kept failing.
>
> I also had a problem that I always got static libraries instead of shared.
> Even when I explicitly configure with --enable-static=no
> --enable-shared=yes.
>
> regards,

I downloaded and built the latest version of check, and it seems to work
much better. I still have issues with libpipelines tests. It appears
that there is a 32/64-bit issue somewhere. I'm using Cygwin x64. Many of
the tests fail with issues similar to the following:

/home/Chris/Stuff/non-GNU/libpipeline/build/tests/../../libpipeline-1.2.6/tests/exec.c:114:(.text+0x121):
relocation truncated to fit: R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined symbol
`_ck_assert_failed'

I can dig a little deeper into this, and I can also try a 32-bit
version, but not until later. I don't even have a 32-bit install of
Cygwin on this box, and I'd have to figure out exactly what packages I'd
need to build check and libpipeline.

--
Chris J. Breisch