Help with shortcuts

Mike Rushton mrushton@ptd.net
Sun Mar 2 15:49:00 GMT 2014

I found this on a Cygwin Facebook Users Group, it shows how to create
Symbolic links :

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/16226/complete-guide-to-symbolic-links-symlinks-on-windows-or-linux/

It is interesting, but i don't know why anyone would do this. Maybe you
could make an "Index" folder and organize certain types of files in it,
like music or video.

They say you could use mlink to create an alias to a Cygwin shell script
or command So you could create a windows executable that links to a
Cygqin command.
This might have a use though.

(mlink is a command a Windows 7)