Package file lists archive

Wed Jun 18 15:22:00 GMT 2014

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 01:53:14AM -0500, Steven Penny wrote:
>On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 1:18 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> Your idea of "constructive" is apparently flawed.
>
>This is an interesting comment, taking in that your response ignores the
>original question and focuses on off topic quibbling. I will pose your viewpoint
>and my question again

I was actually staying on-topic with what I wanted to address: namely
the thin ice that you are walking with your posting style.

>>And, frankly, I think it's a bad idea to keep a monolithic list of
>>packages available for people to download anyway.
>
>Do you have an explanation for this opinion, or citations as to why
>this is a bad idea, taking into account that major Linux distros are
>already using this very method?

Frankly, I don't have to justify my opinion.  I understand how the
package generation would have to work and don't see a major benefit to
introducing a package list file given the amount of work and the fact
that I would have to do the work.  I also don't want to spend my time
debating with you about why it is or isn't a good idea.

cgf