postgresql-9.2.4-2: ossp-uuid module

Filipp Gunbin fgunbin@fastmail.fm
Tue Jun 17 10:21:00 GMT 2014

On 16/06/2014 22:24 +0200, Marco Atzeri wrote:

> On 16/06/2014 19:04, Filipp Gunbin wrote:
>> On 27/07/2013 09:57 +0200, marco atzeri wrote:
>>
>> Currently postgres with ossp-uuid module (--with-ossp-uuid added to
>> CYGCONF_ARGS) builds with OSSP uuid library
>> (http://www.ossp.org/pkg/lib/uuid/), but not with libuuid which is
>> included in util-linux.  I do not have enough skills to identify
>> problem, but it seems that function "uuid_export" is missing there.
>> Maybe the OSSP uuid library needs to be added as a separate package in
>> Cygwin?  It builds from original source with no patches.
>

> It seems that uuid-ossp and util-linux uuid are two complete
> not compatible libraries.

Yes.

> Anyway, until someone add the uuid-ossp package on cygwin,
> I will not add such dependency on postgres

I tried to prepare a package for uuid-ossp, but the result files produce
naming conflicts with libuuid and I don't know how to resolve them.  If
someone helps me, I'm willing to continue.

If someone just needs the uuid-ossp postgresql extension, here's the
ugly solution:

1. make && make install uuid-ossp library (it will install into
/usr/local)

2. add --with-ossp-uuid to CYGCONF_ARGS and build Cygwin postgresql

3. just copy uuid-related files from inst subdirectory to the postgres
directory

4. CREATE EXTENSION "uuid-ossp" now should work

Thanks Marco.

Filipp