Change PS1 when running as administrator

Achim Gratz Stromeko@nexgo.de
Mon Jun 16 19:06:00 GMT 2014

Frank Fesevur writes:
> When I run as administrator I change my PS1 from "$" to "#" with these
> line in ~/.bashrc.
>
> if id -Gn | grep -i Administrators > /dev/null

If anything I'd check for membership in group 544.  "Administrators"
surely is one of these strings that gets localized depending on the
phase of the moon or something.  I can't look right now, but I'm pretty
sure it says "Administratoren" in a german Windows version.

> If more people like this idea, maybe it could included in /etc/bash.bashrc?

I'll have to think about it, but I lean toward putting it into profile.d
instead.

Regards,
Achim.