It's back -- "gcc: error: spawn: No such file or directory"

Mon Jun 2 15:41:00 GMT 2014

On 06/02/2014 11:23 AM, David Friedman wrote:
> Tried that too (set PATH to just /bin) - same result.
>
> Where is spawn normally located? Is it possible that the library file
> that  normally contains it is actually missing, mis-located or corrupted, so that
> spawn can't be found? Is there a workaround, possibly involving fork() and
> exec()? I gather that spawn() is not POSIX-compliant (CMIIW - correct me if
> I'm wrong).

You're misinterpreting the error message (it's a common problem with the
way the error messages are constructed).  spawn is not missing.  It's the
context.  Whatever 'gcc' is trying to spawn is the thing it cannot find.

--
Larry