[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: Cygwin 1.7.30-1
Mon Jul 21 11:03:00 GMT 2014
Hi Cygwin friends and users,
I just released Cygwin 1.7.31-1. This is mostely a bugfix release.
Please note that the new passwd/group handling still isn't in this
version of Cygwin. The changes are still work in progress.
- Improve performance of send(2), sendto(2), sendmsg(2) when using small
- The default pthread_mutex type is now PTHREAD_MUTEX_NORMAL, rather than
PTHREAD_MUTEX_ERRORCHECK, just as on Linux.
- Align pthread_attr stack functions more closely to Linux.
- Mark pthread_attr_getstackaddr and pthread_attr_setstackaddr as deprecated,
as on Linux.
- Fix various assorted bugs (potential buffer overruns, resource leaks, you
name it) caught by Coverity.
- Fix return value of getgrouplist if the number of groups is bigger than the
application-provided buffer can hold.
- Fix a spurious error condition in calls to getaddrinfo on x86_64.
- Workaround a problem following native NTFS symlinks. This patch has been
not applied to 1.7.30, accidentally.
- Fix an off-by-one bug in res_querydomain.
- Don't catch STATUS_STACK_OVERFLOW preliminary on 64 bit.
- Make sure that signals are properly delivered when sending lots of signals
To install 32-bit Cygwin use http://cygwin.com/setup-x86.exe
To install 64 bit Cygwin use http://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
The 64 bit Cygwin distribution doesn't yet come with as many packages
as the 32 bit version, but more packages will be available over time.
If you're already running a 32 bit version of Cygwin on 64 bit Windows
machines, you can continue to do so. If you're planning a new install
of Cygwin on a 64 bit Windows machine, consider to use the new 64 bit
Cygwin version, unless you need certain packages not yet available in
the 64 bit release.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader cygwin AT cygwin DOT com
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
More information about the Cygwin