ssh fails to start on Windows XP

Fri Jan 31 00:49:00 GMT 2014

On 1/30/2014 7:19 PM, Greg Couch wrote:
> So recompiling opensll and openssh didn't fix the problem, but switching to
> a cygwin1.dll snapshot that I downloaded debugging an earlier problem from
> Nov 29, 2013 did fix the problem.

<snip>

> The 1.7.26-1 version of cygwin package available via the current
> setup-x86.exe does not work.  Nor did the current 1.7.27-2 version.
> Googling, the 0xc0000139 error is a "entry point not found error", so
> something changed between the 1.7.26 snapshot and the official 1.7.26 to
> break ssh on my system.

This suggests to me that one or more packages in your Cygwin installation
are not up-to-date.  If you haven't rebooted since you last ran setup*.exe,
do so now.  If you have rebooted, try rerunning setup*.exe and have it
reinstall everything.  Best tostop all Cygwin processes and services
first though.  If this doesn't help, submit a complete problem report
as described by the following link - <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>

--
Larry