setup-x86 wants to install libusb0?

Jim Garrison jim.garrison@nwea.org
Thu Jan 16 21:47:00 GMT 2014

> > I figured out the dependency issue ... I was looking at an old
> > setup.ini.   It appears the latest libusb-win32 (1.2.6.0) DOES
> > depend on libusb0, so that's legit.
> >
> > However, I still can't figure out why setup is not aware of the
> > existence  of libusb-win32. Any pointers on how to fix this would be
> > appreciated.
>
> Uncheck "Hide obsolete packages".

Thanks. I just figured this out as your message arrived in my inbox :-)

There seem to be only three packages depending on the obsolete lib: gnupg, brltty and grub-emu, and I use gnupg, so it looks like I'll have to keep it.  At least this was an educational experience. I read the source for package_db.cc to figure out how setup.exe keeps track of what's been installed.