Install packages without documentation

Wed Jan 15 18:39:00 GMT 2014

On 1/15/2014 6:45 AM, BGINFO4X wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I'm trying to build a "small release" ... Normally /usr/share contains
> at least 50MB: folders like "doc", "man", "info", ...
>
> Is there any way to install cygwin packages without the documentation ?

No, not really.  Observe:

$ cygcheck -f /usr/share/man/man1/ls.1.gz
coreutils-8.15-1

Try that with a few more files and I think you'll get the picture (i.e.
generally there aren't separate packages for docs).

> There are any drawbacks?

Beyond not having docs, if it were possible to exclude that at the
package installation level?  No.

--
Larry