Windows 8 group won't respect /etc/passwd or /etc/group

Max Polk maxpolk@gmail.com
Fri Jan 10 14:48:00 GMT 2014

On 1/10/2014 7:57 AM, John Smith wrote:
> the None user group won't allow me to change group permissions.  When
> rsyncing with a remote server, I mirror permissions from that server

Wanting to change file permissions with rsync (or any other command) to
something you don't have the right to do is a problem rightly solved by
fixing your user permissions on Windows, and does not constitute a
problem with rsync.  Something as ambitious as mirroring files plus
their ownership and permissions does seem to imply elevated
permissions.  Can this rsync be run as administrator?