Exitcode is 0 when killing a cygwin initiated process via taskmanager

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 11:37:00 GMT 2014

On 12/23/2014 12:09 PM, - wrote:
>>> Using Taskmanager is brute force as cygwin dll can not act and correctly manage the exitcode
>

> Hi,
>
> thanks, but I do not agree. One element of the script was killed, not
> the hoöe script.

It was not killed in the proper cygwin way.

 > It should be more robust. What I do now is: Read
> stdout of the program (rsync) and only if I got the right footer of
> rsync I rely on exitcode 0.
>
> That is insane.

your opinion.

For me, it is simple: if you want a Unix like behavior use cygwin kill.

Otherwise propose a patch...
https://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC