Exitcode is 0 when killing a cygwin initiated process via taskmanager

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 07:41:00 GMT 2014

On 12/23/2014 3:33 AM, - wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> Any idea how to solve (get the "canceled" exit code? Remember: The
>>> script continues like a normal finish of the command)
>
>> What do you mean by "canceled" exit code, pretty please?
>
> oh, any exitcode <> 0 would be nice. Sending sigkill on debian gives a 137.
>
> The point is, I rely on having a successfully executed command, if
> exitcode is 0. In this case command is terminated, left garbage and
> did not do its job and I go on like everything would be fine. How
> should error checking care about such a condition / state?
>
> Any ideas? And by the way, is such a condition in pure GNU/Linux
> producible? Sigkill is quite brute force exit isn't it?

no. It is just the standard way, you ask the program to kill itself.
In that case

result: 143

Using Taskmanager is brute force as cygwin dll can not act
and correctly manage the exitcode

Regards
Marco