g++ returns 127 and does nothing

Marco Atzeri marco.atzeri@gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 13:12:00 GMT 2014

On 12/17/2014 1:51 PM, Ilya Dogolazky wrote:
> Hi !
>
> I installed GCC toolchain for cygwin by selecting "install" near the
> "Devel" entry in the setup tool as described in [1]. G++ executable is
> present now, but it doesn't work (which out any error messages):
>
> $ ls -l /usr/bin/g++
> -rwxr-xr-x 4 ilya None 760349 Nov 13 09:33 /usr/bin/g++
> $ g++ -v ; echo $?
> 127
>
> Any idea what could be wrong, somebody have seen similar symptoms ?
>
> Cheers
>
> Ilya Dogolazky

broken installation, some dll's are missing.

try "cygcheck g++"

Found: E:\cygwin64\bin\g++.exe
E:\cygwin64\bin\g++.exe
   E:\cygwin64\bin\cygwin1.dll
     C:\Windows\system32\KERNEL32.dll
[cut]
   E:\cygwin64\bin\cygiconv-2.dll
   E:\cygwin64\bin\cygintl-8.dll

see also
https://cygwin.com/problems.html

specially
"Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an
attachment in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode
the output. Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be
easily viewed. "

Regards
Marco